Rachael Yamagata - Ode to...



No thanks, no more, no love
I'm done, I've had enough
You're going off with her and I wish I was
but there's another 'can be', 'just because'...
All right, 'be on your way', the kindest thing to say
is not that you have fallen for me
say you'll come back to my arms again someday
Baby, write some words about how you can't shut me out,
how you must find a way to see me one more time, one more time
And please call up all your friends
and tell them it can't end, you don't know what you'd do if you lost her and lost me too
That's fine, that's good, that's nice
I understand the price, the cost of craving dark instead of light
I flip a coin to see if you still care tonight
My blood, my hand, my soul
I've thrown them onto you without control
The things I freely give, you stole
And now I'm left in pieces
Baby tell the world about me
the way you won me over in a city you can't remember
You think it was September, sweet September
Oh baby, oh it's all right
I know she needs you more than I do and I wouldn't win this fight
But there is one thing that you've gotta do,
you've gotta tell the world about a girl you once knew
Oh she wasn't meant to be
but you fell so very deeply in love
With me
To all the girls he's loved
To all the girls he's loved

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog